SRI ANANDA VINAYAKAR CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
No. 1, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Taramani Post
CHENNAI 600 113. Phone: 2235 0859, 2230 0936.
APPEAL FOR DONATIONS
FOR CHARITABLE CAUSES
Your own MADHYA KAILAS - conforming to Gaanapathya Panchayathanam - is a beautiful temple complex and a landmark at Adyar, Chennai. Managed by SRI ANANDA VINAYAKAR CHARITABLE FOUNDATION, Madhya Kailas is famous for two unique features:
1) A sannidhi for AADHYANTA PRABHU - a breathtaking amalgam of Sri Vigneswara and Sri Anjaneya.
2) The institution of Pithru Karma scheme by which those who are unable to perform the annual Pithru Karma for their forefathers, at the place of their living, can have it performed at Madhya Kailas on a permanent basis (Kattalai). Pithru Karma is performed as in Badrinath, wholesomely, with Sri Ananda Vinayakar Himself acting as Kartha. This facility has been started with the holy blessings of Sri Paramacharyal. The essence of this Pithru Karma is that the donors ensure Annadhanam to the "Athithis" and the needy. This facility is available to one and all -No restrictions on Gender or Caste.
Sri Ananda Vinayakar Charitable Foundation has been engaging itself in a number of charitable activities in the past. With a view to serving the society at large on a greater scale, THE FOUNDATION now proposes the following:
- Home for senior citizens with Medical centre.
- Financial assistance to pursue education- for the needy on merits.
- Rehabilitation of physically and financially challenged.
- Rehabilitation of children and family members of convicts serving life term in jails.
- Centre for study and revitalisation of our ancient and traditional sources of wisdom-- to ensure spread of knowledge of ancient Indian origin amongst humanity CUTTING ACROSS - Religious, Caste, Cultural, Gender and Geographical - BARRIERS.
- Pilgrim Information Centre with Dormitory facilities.
- Accommodation for needy single Women.
As a first step towards implementation of the above projects, THE FOUNDATION has already purchased the required land in Pudupakkam village located close to Sipcot Industrial complex in Siruseri lying on Old Mahabalipuram road which is hardly a 30 minute drive from Madhaya Kailas along the IT super Highway.
I) Education / Literacy:
The existing system of education can be basically grouped in to: 1) Regular Academic system, and
2) Ancient "Gurukulavasam" system.
The modern education takes care of the trends in force at the cost of our traditional sources of wisdom, such as Vedas / Puranas / Sasthras / Prabhandam / Thirumarai / Languages / Fine Arts / Scriptures - leading to dilution in values and right conduct.
At the other end, the children pursuing studies related to our traditional sources of wisdom, under Gurukulavasam pattern, are forced to limit their career to religious and traditional services by denying themselves of other academic learning and related career opportunities at some stage or the other.
How to bring about a change in the attitude among the young scholars who have acquired traditional sources of wisdom and also in the minds of the rest of the society to bring an order and proper balance of mind & knowledge enabling the individual to choose a career by choice and not by force of circumstances?
- 1) The children, immediately after they complete their "Gurukulavasam", will be exposed to computer literacy through institutions of repute. Simultaneously, coaching classes will be organised for these students to qualify for graduation courses conducted by open universities or under Distance Education System. The exposure to modern academics as above for four to five years under our sponsorship, entails them to qualify and aspire for other alternate occupations like appearing for competitive examinations at Central and State levels, pursue professional careers in the fields of accounts, law, academics, software development etc.
In this scenario our nation will have the benefit of the services of these Vidhyarthis in different fields with a better value addition to their chosen line of occupation. These Vidhyarthis will also carry on the mantle of our rich heritage and sampradayas to the posterity in a better frame of mind.
During the course of their stay, THE FOUNDATION will have the committed services of these Vidhyarthis as faculty members to spread traditional sources of wisdom mentioned above.
- THE FOUNDATION plans to create an ambience for the other children pursuing modern education, (and for others as well) an opportunity to learn Vedas / Sasthras/ Puranas.
In this context, knowledge of Sanskrit is essential and here comes the services of - "Samskrita Bharati" of "Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan" (Deemed University), a body floated under the HR ministry of the Central Government. The mission of this institution is to spread the message among everyone that Sanskrit is a language that can be learnt and spoken without any difficulty. THE FOUNDATION will, by sponsoring this scheme, give an elbow power to the movement already initiated by "Samskrita Bharathi".
The beneficiaries under our sponsorship will then be extended an opportunity to learn -Vedas / Puranas / Sasthras / scriptures- from the qualified Vidhyarthis who are pursuing other formal education under our sponsorship.
In a nutshell - the aspirants will first learn Sanskrit in a joint project that will be taken up by our FOUNDATION along with Samskrita Bharati and graduate into learning of Vedas and sastras in due course. This paves the way to learn our Vedas and Sasthras in a better perspective by duly knowing what is learnt in terms of meaning and content. This facilitates the incumbents to pursue their original profession / careers and also simultaneously enhances their knowledge base of various sastras and sampradayas.
The citizens, in future, will be blessed with the right blend of old virtues and worldly opportunities. The governing principle being "content" and "contentment", they will lead themselves with a sense of good purpose and direction and in the process serve the society with devotion, right thinking and right conduct.
- THE FOUNDATION will also extend need and merit based financial assistance to students to pursue education - in their regular stream.
II) Medical / Health Care:
Till such time the infrastructure for the proposed Medical Centre is created at Pudupakkam THE FOUNDATION plans to conduct Free Eye camps, blood donation camps, campaigns related to creation of various medical awareness programmes among public, donation of artificial limbs etc. THE FOUNDATION will associate initially with known organisations that are rendering these noble services besides associating with State level organisations and other NGOs.
III) Basic Rehabilitation:
This segment is to address to the requirements of physically and financially challenged, destitute, orphans, social outcasts, victims of circumstances - regardless of age, gender, religion and caste.
The Old Age Home at Pudupakkam will address the needs of senior citizens who require an ambience of a home away from their home. This segment of the society, which has to live away from their progeny due to circumstances beyond their control, is unfortunately growing due to attitudinal changes and economic compulsions. The programme for their rehabilitation will not merely be confined to quenching their material requirements, but will also envisage giving them an opportunity to engage themselves in activities that keep them engrossed in noble causes, spiritual pursuits etc. and thereby help in leading a life of total peace.
In the matter of rehabilitating others outlined above, initially THE FOUNDATION plans to coordinate with various genuine organisations that are already into this noble task. Simultaneously we are planning to start a Vocational Training Centre to go in for direct rehabilitation. The basic policy of THE FOUNDATION shall be to extend financial assistance for this segment of people to equip themselves to stand on their own over a period of time without depending on charity alone for too long.
IV. Other Projects envisaged:
- Pilgrim Information Centre: THE FOUNDATION plans to build a database of pilgrimage places in Tamilnadu initially and cover other states over a period of time. Further THE FOUNDATION will have a Dormitory facility at Pudupakkam village, where pilgrims from all over India and the rest of the world intending to visit pilgrim places in Tamil Nadu and vice versa can stay during their transit in Chennai - Resulting in an atmosphere for spread of liberal education and building a sense of oneness among the citizens of our great nation.
- Construction of a Prayer and Meditation Hall - to be used by EVERY CITZEN
- Accommodation for needy single women.
The initial outlay of funds for creation of infrastructure and charitable activities is estimated at Rs.10.00 Crores (INR 100.00 Million).
Out of every Hundred Rupees that is donated by your good selves:
- Rs. 86.00 will be used for - Corpus Fund - to raise the infrastructure.
- Rs. 14.00 will be used for - Charitable Activities.
The financial instruments - Demand Draft/ Pay Orders / Cheques - can be drawn in favour of "Sri Ananda Vinayakar Charitable Foundation" and payable at Chennai, India. It is our earnest prayer that you should have participative involvement in the projects by contributing in multiples of Rs.100/- The covering letter attached to this appeal may please be filled up appropriately and forwarded to the Foundation's address along with your financial instrument.
Your Donation is eligible for exemption under Section 80 G of Income Tax Act.
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE YOUR MITE